View 2015 EDC-VC Highlights PDF report
- Roundtable: Facilitated the county’s only ongoing, monthly meeting of regional economic development leaders from each of the 10 cities, the county and other key representatives. Economic Development Roundtable participants are part of the first line of communication between businesses and local government, where each participant can share information, best practices and their city’s challenges and successes.
- Partnerships: Continued its partnerships with Ventura County’s cities, Workforce Development Board of Ventura County, Small Business Administration, SCORE, California Manufacturing Technology Consulting, Women’s Economic Ventures and several others to provide services to the region’s businesses.
- California Stewardship Network: Continued to participate in the California Stewardship Network, a group of 12 organizations committed to tackling the state’s most pressing economic, environmental and community challenges. With its mission to find new and creative solutions to California’s nagging statewide challenges, the network is advocating for a streamlining of the state’s administrative processes for distributing cap-and-trade funding and improving opportunities for local communities to access resources for reducing greenhouse gases as mandated by AB 32.
- Ventura County Film Commission: Strengthened its partnerships with regional and statewide film industry organizations, such as the California Film Commission and Film Liaisons in California Statewide (the regional film liaison association), to enhance Ventura County’s opportunities for greater economic investment and return related to the film industry.
- Broadband Initiative: Helped advance and expand access to fast broadband to the Central Coast through the tri-county broadband initiative, Broadband Consortium Pacific Coast, and continued to serve as the fiscal agent for strategic and financial oversight. The project is a collaboration between San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties and is comprised of business and government stakeholders.