Click here to view full 2016 Highlights PDF report
- Roundtable: EDC-VC organizes the County’s only ongoing, monthly meeting of regional economic development leaders from each of the 10 cities, the county and other key representatives.
- Ventura County Film Commission: EDC-VC continues to strengthen its partnerships with regional and statewide film industry organizations, such as the California Film Commission and Film Liaisons in California Statewide (the regional film liaison association), to enhance Ventura County’s opportunities for greater economic investment and return related to the film industry.
- Broadband Initiative: Helped advance and expand access to fast broadband to the Central Coast through the tri-county Broadband Consortium of the Pacific Coast, enabling the power of high-speed communications as a catalyst for economic vitality through an infrastructure that supports the adoption of technology solutions for the creation and retention of jobs.
- World Trade Center Partnership: The EDC-VC is a partner with the Port of Hueneme and California Lutheran University to identify key international trade clusters and provide the resources needed to connect area businesses with international trade opportunities.
- California Stewardship Network: EDC-VC is one of 13 organizations statewide working to create stronger, more prosperous communities. Funding from the Morgan Family Foundation in 2016 contributed to our region’s development of sustainable groundwater management policies and practices.
- Partnerships: EDC-VC maintains partnerships with Ventura County’s cities, Workforce Development Board of Ventura County, Small Business Administration, SCORE, Women’s Economic Ventures and others to assure the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated set of resources in support of the region’s businesses.